Shadows Over Ashan (TSoA) is a so-called "global modification", meaning that it works like any official DLC. It will add new things to the original game, specifically a new nation/town and units which you can play in both single player skirmish maps and multiplayer maps on one PC (hot seat).
The original Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer (WPU) project was canceled, but its strong foundations gave rise to this DLC. Except for campaigns and a script-based systems, everything has been preserved.
First, download the entire package (1,6 GB) and unzip it to your disk. Then move/copy the files listed below to the specific folders - if those folders does not exist, create them. That's all and you can start playing!
- WPU.upk to: ...\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC
- WPU_2.upk to: ...\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC
- H7Config.upk to: ...\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC\Data
- WPU.INT to: ...\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Localization\Content\INT
This modification works for the base game Heroes VII with the latest patch installed (Steam/Ubisoft Connect), or the base game with expansion pack Heroes VII: Trial by Fire.
Version 1.2: + added English translation for Rift Cloak buff description (from Rift Gate town building).
Version 1.1: + fixed ranged units (correctly placed starting projectile positions).
When choosing options of the skirmish map, be sure you always select Xel town from the drop-down menu AND you also choose a Xel hero by clicking on the portrait. Otherwise your starting town will be reverted back to the one of the original towns. You can watch our quick guide here: TSoA quick guide (skirmish setup)Known issues
Unfortunately, not everything can be edited in the H7 editor, so these problems may occur while playing:
- There is no Xel town music.
- There is no Xel town siege map (Dungeon one is used instead).
- You cannot choose Xel town for scenario maps.
- We do not recommend playing in windowed mode (game may crash).
Lord Graa, Antalyan a Niven
3D models: Animated Heaven, Lukáš Čarnota, samize, Lugia Games, Maksim Bugrimov, Jasper Cousins, Fluzo Studios, arslan-9912, kitsuwaka, Bogdan, indiegamemodels, Taras, jxs1990, Andrei Alexandru, ticor
Ilustrations: ticor (Xel town), Hayden Dsilva, benlap94, supergameasset, Arsheesh, Kurek, Jamie Jamieson
Localization (ENG): Antalyan, John Forst (proofreading)
Betatesters: Antalyan, Lord Graa, Niven, MoritzBradtke
Specila thanks: LizardWarrior, natalka, TM, 3LiON, Julien Pirou, Daniel Singleton & Limbic Ent., Emily